Tabitha Cleary says her son Jason suffered second-degree burns after his friend sprayed him with nail polish remover and set him on fire. The incident, which took place at a friend’s house, saw Jason hospitalized for four days.
According to reports, the boys had tried the challenge previously, though they were able to put the fire out on that occasion as it didn’t spread. Jason, however, wasn’t so lucky second time around.
The flames caught and burned Jason’s arms, neck and torso, leaving him in immeasurable pain.
It should go without saying that any parent who hears or sees anything linked to this “Fire Challenge” should take steps to ensure their children are not involved and cannot be coerced into joining in.
Jason may have suffered burns to his body, but it could so easily have been far worse for him.
We all know kids and young people will make mistakes as they grow and develop, but some things are simply beyond the realms of acceptability.
This “Fire Challenge” serves no purpose but to put kids in danger. Together, we must make a stand to ensure it’s rooted out once and for all.
Share this article on Facebook to help us spread awareness.
The post 12-year-old boy left fighting serious burns after friends set him on fire with nail polish remover appeared first on Newsner English.