In the modern, consumer-driven industry, one of the most coveted professions is that of a product designer. Whether you work for a multi-million dollar company in the Fortune 500, or a three-person startup offering custom-designed socks, every business needs someone with a artistic eye and a knowledge of utility and ergonomics to help them build websites, company logos, and anything else that will help businesses to establish a strong visual brand idenity.
Unfortunately, the truth is that in life, not everybody is actually that good at their job, and that definitely applies to designers. Designers can go through years of training in order to learn practices that will help them to please their clients, but these clients will not be pleased one bit with their designers. Below, take a gander at some particularly God-awful design choices that will seriously make you ask “what on Earth were they thinking? I wonder if somebody lost their job over some of these.
1. I don’t think the paedophilia angle is really suited to a buffet
2. “Hi, I’m looking for the Information Ndepartment?”
3. This classic pencil sharpening disaster
4. This minion has seen horrible things
5. Probably not the right place to put the author’s name
6. You had one job!