A 6 years old child passes away several weeks after father’s death caused by a lightning strike.

The entire community was left in shock upon hearing the news of a father and son being struck by lightning. Tragically, the father did not survive the incident, while the son showed remarkable strength and fought for several weeks.

However, we are saddened to inform you that the young boy has also passed away.

The heart-wrenching incident occurred as 6-year-old Grayson Boggs and his 34-year-old father Matthew Boggs were walking together in their Valley Hills driveway, hand in hand, when an unforeseen lightning strike occurred, resulting in fatal injuries for both.

Following Matthew’s immediate death at the scene, young Grayson clung to life and was promptly transported to Baylor Scott & White McLane Children’s Medical Center in Temple. Despite receiving a bleak prognosis from the beginning, his family remained steadfast in their refusal to abandon hope.

In an effort to provide Grayson with the best possible chance of recovery, the family initiated a campaign and set up a GoFundMe fundraiser. However, despite several weeks passing since the incident on May 15th, the young boy’s condition did not demonstrate significant improvement. As a result, doctors advised the family to make the difficult decision to remove life support on June 13th. Tragically, just three days after this heartbreaking choice, Grayson succumbed to his injuries.

The unfortunate event took place at approximately 5 p.m. on May 15th, 2023, when Matthew walked to the bus stop to collect his sons. Elijah, one of the sons, went separate from the pair, while Matthew and Grayson remained near the edge of the driveway. It was at this moment that thunder echoed in the sky, marking the beginning of the fateful incident.

Elijah vividly remembers the moment when he hurried back to his father and brother, initially unaware of the gravity of the situation.

“I was filled with fear. I turned Grayson over, and he had a faint smile on his face,” recalled 11-year-old Elijah during an interview. “At first, I thought they were playing a prank, but when I rolled my dad over, I noticed blood coming from the center of his head, and his face had already turned purple.”

Angela Boggs, Matthew’s mother, was present at the residence and witnessed the entire dreadful incident unfold. She immediately rushed to the side of her son and grandson, with neighbors joining in to assist and provide life-saving measures while awaiting the arrival of emergency services.

Subsequent reports following the incident indicated that Grayson appeared to be physically unharmed below the neck, although medical professionals remained uncertain about the presence of any potential brain damage.

Stephanie Burris, a close friend of the family, took the initiative to create a GoFundMe campaign and regularly provided updates to the generous donors regarding Grayson’s condition. The family had been informed by doctors from the very beginning that the young boy was heavily sedated and relying on a ventilator to breathe.

On May 19, a significant update was shared: “Grayson has experienced a severe anoxic brain injury. According to the doctors, Grayson may face challenges in walking, talking, eating, and even potentially regaining his vision.” The update further explained, “For the family, this means that once Grayson returns home, he will require constant care along with frequent appointments and therapy sessions.”

The fundraiser consistently provided updates on the young boy’s health. Although Grayson’s condition remained stable, it was determined that there might not be any improvement. According to the latest update, a care conference was held with Grayson’s healthcare team, and the doctors informed the family that his current state would persist indefinitely.

Afterward, Kayla, his mother, made the heart-wrenching choice to disconnect her son from the ventilator and registered him as an organ donor. During Grayson’s final days, relatives and loved ones of the Boggs family visited him to bid their farewells.

“During this difficult period, please pray that we can keep him comfortable and ask for healing for the family. While we may not comprehend God’s plan, we are aware that He is embracing Grayson during this time,” Burris expressed in regard to the decision.

The following day, Grayson passed away. The campaign had successfully accumulated a total of $102,000, surpassing the initial target of $100,000.

This story is truly filled with sadness. Our heartfelt thoughts and well wishes go out to Grayson and his family as they endure this deeply distressing period. Please share this with others so that they too can extend their sympathies and support.

Husband and wife married for 60 years recreate their wedding photos for anniversary
Dog starts acting strangely and runs into woods: Owner spots life-threatening situation and calls 911