We all love our body lotions but did you know most conventional brands are not as innocent as they look. There are dozens of ingredients currently being used in top-brand body lotions that range from questionable to potentially toxic and dangerous.
Most dangerous ingredients in your lotion:
- Fragrance or “parfum” (generally, this means the presence of hormone-disrupting phthalates)
- Benzyl alcohol (likely carcinogenic)
- PEG-100 stearate (sometimes contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, which has high rates of carcinogenesis)
So instead of buying a commercial product for yourself, why not try making your own homemade lotion with healthy ingredients. This healthy frankincense and myrrh lotion has a lasting fragrance, as well as making skin silky smooth.
Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh essential oil exhibits anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti tumor, astringent and tonic properties. The main components of this essential oil are Alpha Pinene, Cadinene, Limonene, Cuminaldehyde, Eugenol, Cresol, Heerabolene, Acetic Acid, Formic Acid and Sesquiterpenes. With these antimicrobial effects in combination with pain and inflammation relief, myrrh is an excellent wound healer.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil is known as the King of Oils – and it truly deserves this title. I believe it is one of the top essential oils you can use for your health. Frankincense helps in healthy cell regeneration and keep existing cells and tissues healthy. It’s very beneficial for skin health. It helps treat dry skin, reverse signs of aging, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
Homemade Frankincense and Myrrh Lotion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Beeswax
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 2 tbsp Vitamin E
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- 15 drops myrrh essential oil
- BPA free lotion dispenser bottle
- Mix coconut oil, olive oil, beeswax and shea butter in a bowl then place that bowl in sauce pan with water.
- Heat stove to medium and mix ingredients together
- Once mixed put in refrigerator for an hour until solid
- With a regular mixer or hand mixer beat the mixture until it is whipped and fluffy. Then add essential oils and vitamin E and mix
- Fill container and store in cool place