Mom warns other parents after one kiss left her son in hospital

Having children means you accept the massive responsibility of a new life.

It’s why the vast majority of moms and dads want to wrap their little ones in cotton wool and ensure nothing bad can ever happen to them; it just doesn’t bear thinking about.

And yet, we can’t protect them everything all the time. Worse, there are things that can harm or endanger them without us even knowing it.

A mom from Grimsby, North Lincolnshire, UK, has issued a warning after her son developed life-threatening symptoms … all from a kiss.

Facebook / Demi Boswell

Demi Boswell explained how her one-year-old son, Cohen, had to be rushed to hospital after developing a rash that covered his body. It transpired he had been infected with the herpes virus from a simple kiss.

Some may not know, but herpes can be fatal to babies.

Demi wants to remind other parents of this painful truth, lest they end up in her situation.

Facebook / Demi Boswell

“People might not want to see these photos but I think it’s important I show them,” she said in a Facebook post.

“Cohen got blue lighted to hospital with doctors already waiting to take him in.”

She continued: “Even if you can’t see a cold sore it could be underlying so you have no idea you have one. I kiss my boy on the lips every day all day but this has definitely opened my eyes now.”

She urged parens to not touch or kiss other people’s babies unless they’ve washed their hands properly first.

Parents! I can’t stress enough about the potential dangers of the herpes virus and just how serious it can be.

Share this article on Facebook to help spread Demi’s warning. You never know … you could save a life!

The post Mom warns other parents after one kiss left her son in hospital appeared first on Newsner English.