Prince Charles, first in line to the British throne, has tested positive for coronavirus, according to reports.
Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old had been diagnosed with COVID-19 disease in a statement they released this morning.
“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” the statement said.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.
“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
Doctors believe the prince may have been contagious since March 13. He last met the Queen on March 12, but monarch is said to be in good health having taken all the necessary precautions.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare. We will not be commenting further.”
Get well soon, Prince Charles! Here’s to wishing the royal a speedy recovery.
Share this article on Facebook to send your prayers and thoughts.
The post Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus after displaying symptoms appeared first on Newsner English.